CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

The 3 Day

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

Friday, October 3, 2008

Layla Opal Adams


Ok here is our new addition! She has been VERY lazy and mellow. Maybe b/c she got her rabies shot and her micro chip and new home yesterday. This morning she was hidden in the couch and it took me a hour of calling her to hear her bell twice but she never came out. :( I'm hoping she comes out and plays with Atlee and I this afternoon after I get off work. Opal was her name when we adopted her but we named her Layla. This took some convincing b/c Atlee wanted to name this kitty Ella as well... the only was I could explain that we couldn't do that is "Hey what if Aunt Connie and Uncle Levi named Mia & Jules BOTH Mia... that would just be silly right?" And she agreed and it was Layla or Sterling BUT Sterling didn't work in the song we sing very well... So it Layla Layla Bo Bayla Banana Nana Fo Fayla Fe Fi Fo Frayla LAYLA!!! I chose it b/c I LOVE the Eric Clapton song... Now I just need that CD or to put it on my iPhone so Atlee can learn it and sing it to her new kitty. The first picture she kinda looks evil and fat but she's not, she just has a lot of fur on her neck. But she's so cool b/c her nose and paws are ALL gray.

6 comments:

Lexi said...

Cute! I hope she gets used to you guys soon so she will play with Atlee.

I despise that song by Eric Clapton...bleck!

Connie said...

Well, if she doesn't perk up then we will adopt her. Mia only wants a pet to hold in her lap and she wants nothing more from it.

I'm glad y'all got a new kitty! Well Jules would say a different word that rhymes with kitty but starts with a "t". Yeah.

She's a very cute little kitten.

Kari and Justin said...

How is Layla doing? Is she warming us to you two yet?

Anjolee said...

She's looks sweet. I have somecatching up on do on your blog!

Anjolee said...

what i meant to say was catching up to do on your blog

Atlee's Mom said...

She is warming up VERY well! If you just hold out your hand she will come up and rub her head on you and then plop over on her back like a dog and wants you to rub her belly. She's becoming VERY sweet.